Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just Add Groom!

I remember being 19 and sitting in my roommate's bedroom talking about weddings. It was a rainy day and we had seemingly nothing better to do than troll the David's Bridal site for fantasy ideas. She had it all figured out. A fall wedding. Eggplant colored dresses. A princess style gown. She had it all ready. It was like the "Just add groom" wedding. I, on the hand, had a pretty good idea I'd use pink and that was about it.

Here I am though five years later and I have not accquired any new or better ideas. I did however find a groom. I also finalized a wedding date. I am in big trouble!

Everyone around also seems to believe I am just holding out on these ideas. Everyone thinks the "Just add Groom" wedding will come together nicely. I am the type of girl that would do that. I don't know if I never found the time or never let myself believe I would actually get married or was just plain lazy. Either way I got nothing.... as I plan to get married just one week after my former roommate who had it all together I am terrifed. Reception sites. Florist. Motifs (really a motif most people don't have a clue what that ever means). Dresses. Food.

In truth I have no clue about any of this. So the only good solution as a former journalism major is to write it out! Stay tuned for the trimuphs, failures and in true Damara fashion epically good mixups!

No comments:

Post a Comment