Monday, July 18, 2011

Moving in

I had dinner with my cousin Natasha last week. To my surprise she is also getting married. I was surprised because we are fairly close as cousins go and I did not even know she had a boyfriend.

As the conversation got past the claiming of the dates we started chit chatting about all the big decisions coming up.

She mentioned she was moving in with Gayan soon. I said I was moving in with Alek in September ( ironically the big move is the same day for both of us). Expressions both blank. Responses "oh ok" and "that sounds nice". Latin people don't talk that way. EVER. Someone has to say it.

She says very seriously "I am terrified".

I giggle but also out of terror.

"I've been on my own to long" she laughs.

But its a serious problem. Unlike are parents we didn't from school to marriage or from our parents homes to marriage. We have habits. We are set in our ways. As my cousin said "I just like to get off work take off my bra. Throw it anywhere and watch TV".

In truth I totally enjoy alone time. I like my margaritas, Housewife marathons, clothes everywhere life and its ending. Its ending soon. Out generation has the challenge and its brand new.

I'll keep you updated on the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment